Sunday, September 4, 2005

AFI #054 Tom Hanks as Jimmy Dugan from A League of Their Own (1992)

[Evelyn starts to cry.]
Jimmy: Are you crying? Are you crying? Are you crying? There's no crying in baseball!
Doris Murphy: Why don't you give her a break, Jimmy?
Jimmy: Oh, zip it, Doris! Rogers Hornsby was my manager and he called me a talking pile of pig shit - and that was when my parents drove all the way down from Michigan to see me play the game! And did I cry?
Evelyn: (inbetween sobs) No, no, no ...
Jimmy: Yeah, no! And do you know why?
Evelyn: No ...
Jimmy: Because there's no crying in baseball. There's no crying in baseball--no crying!

- Tom Hanks as Jimmy Dugan from A League of Their Own (1992)

The bolded line is ranked #54 in the American Film Institute's list of the top 100 movie quotations in American cinema.

No comments:

Post a Comment