Tuesday, April 27, 2010

[Y^^]: Spartacus: Blood and Sand

[Y^^]: Spartacus: Blood and Sand

It's a hardcore historical television series. It's historical background is the Roman Empire similar to TV series Rome that was aired in 2005-2006. Spartacus includes a lot of cruelty and sexuality. I am not shocked that kinds of scene because I had already watched Rome. Anyway, I'm not really into hardcore.

Watching the series, you become accustomed to the brutality. When you see the blood, it looks like just red color. Of course it's really red color itself. Also it contains nudity and sexuality. Someone likes and says that those scenes make the series real. However, I think the maker use those scenes just as kind of service (like panties in Japanese animation, but its level is different).

Film Makers may say that TV series or movies do not cause crimes and the copycat crimes are not their fault. They may assert the freedom of expression. I agree that the freedom of expression should be guaranteed. However, no one can deny that the violent programs impact on the crime.

I stop watching Spartacus, but I accustomed myself to the blood and atrocity. If someone who enjoy this kind of program, he will accustomed himself to the blood and cruelty. He will think the bloody viloence is natural in real life."

3 comments:

  1. This is clipped from [http://nowgnoy.blogspot.com/2010/04/spartacus-blood-and-sand.html]

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't understand. It's really awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everyone has different opinion. We should respect everybody's opinion.

    ReplyDelete